b3.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 846
  • b4.JPG
    b4.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 691

EKen

Super Moderator
HighTimez:
Welcome aboard man. Actually, I was thinking of adding at least one, just in case for the rays.

Homebrewed:
Well I like them both. But my FX5 sometimes get noisy, the pro3 is so quiet, I don't even know if it is on. The pro3 holds a lot, and I mean a lot, more filter media. I think the downside of the Pro3 is mainly its price. Over here (Montreal), I can get 2 FX5 for the price of 1 Pro3.

EKen

Super Moderator
Taureandragon76:
I also find that over here, Fluval materials are more popular. Maybe because Eheim is much more expensive. But luckily, nothing has broken yet...

frozen-fire

Your Chili puts mine to shame. Beautiful fish and beautiful setups. :cool:

What kind of lighting are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

EKen

Super Moderator
Your Chili puts mine to shame. Beautiful fish and beautiful setups. :cool:

What kind of lighting are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Of course I don't mind you asking. It is not like I am trying to win a competition or anything. It's some T5 from Coralife. I don't remember the K code, but it's the pinkish ones. They help the coloration of the reds, so it is a little bit like cheating. But they are not as intense as NAN lights, I think, as I never seen NAN lights live. I just assumed that judging from the pictures I seen before. I have 3 light sets over each tank.

Well you can't really compare your Chili to mine. Yours is still very young, mine is about 2 or 2.5 years old. Yours still has a lot of time to catch up.

EKen

Super Moderator
EKen how old are they and which is a higher grade? I am an Aro noob so please forgive me LOL

The Blood Red certificate states April 2007. So it must be around 1 year old.

I don't really know which one is a higher grade. I bought the Blood Red at a higher price, but I had a very very good bargain for the Chili one... I guess both are Grade 1 Red. Some people like the coloration of the Chili Red better, and some like the more "uniform" coloration of the blood red.

frozen-fire

EKen, how long is your Chili?

Also.. when you say you have 3 units over each tank, do you mean you have 3 x 2' fixtures to equal the 6' length of the tank?
I was thinking of going 2 x 3' T5 from coralife. I'm currently running a 4' Hagen high output dual T5 setup and I don't think it's covering enough area as 1 foot on each end doesn't get lighting. Thanks for the info by the way.

EKen

Super Moderator
Frozen-Fire:
I am guessing around 19-20inch. I never really measured it.

It is 3 units of 3' each. I used to have 4 on the Chili tank and 2 on the Blood tank, so I split it 3-3. At first, I bought the 4 footer lire yours. I found that it was creating a weird effect as each side would be darker. Here is my suggestion to you, buy 2 mores 3 footer and keep the 4 footer in the center. Change all the T5 bulbs for the pinkish ones, you tank is going to look much nicer. I can see from your avatar that it looks like your tank does not have enough lights. I can get the 3' around here (Montreal) for 50$ each, don't know about the price in TO. You can check your pm for a source I am sending you right now.