HBRTG from Oriental and MTL Arowana House

aaronc

An update of the HBRTG arowana won in the 2014 contest from Oriental Coast Arowana Farm and Montreal Arowana House. Thank you both and also to Arowanaclub Canada.

First off tank specs: approximately 50 gallons with a 30x30x14 footprint. Filtered by 2 sponge filters and covered with 3 sides of black background.

But from the beginning would be the unpacking of the HBRTG.

After the acclimation and drip, here it is!

That's about it for now, I will let the aro settle in a bit before taking better photos.

Thanks!

energie604

For this aro I might pump for a bit till its around 10 -12 inches so it puts a bit of weight on and to match the growth rate of lower jaw so it doesn't develop too much PLJ.

Will post an update soon.

what are you going to feed it to pump it?

Reis

For this aro I might pump for a bit till its around 10 -12 inches so it puts a bit of weight on and to match the growth rate of lower jaw so it doesn't develop too much PLJ.

Will post an update soon.

Looks good! Also sorry but what's PLJ?

aaronc

The aro is eating massivore and carnivore sticks so i will do those as well as market prawns. I won't add too many other items if it's eating those, I will just feed constantly.

aaronc

Looks good! Also sorry but what's PLJ?

PLJ is protruding lower jaw its when the aros lower jaw sticks out longer than the top. some varieties like reds tend to have it just like silvers are prone to drop eye but personally its not a big problem to me.

I plan to feed it a fair bit more to gain some size then it shouldn't be as obvious.