1000W Titanium Heater w/controller

chen88

Super Moderator
Looking for a good 1000w Titanium heater with controller for new tank...anyone know of any canadian based sites that sell them? Already checked into Big Als, JL Aquatics and mops...none of them have it....hrm...

Prefer Blueline form Biotherm...

homebrewed

Super Moderator
This is a guy based out of winnipeg. I buy my Won Brothers titanium heaters there. They aren't listed on his website but it might be worth it to send him an email. The price is decent from what I remember. Haven't bought on in awhile

http://saltwaterconnection.com/

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I've got 2 300watt and 1 500watt and they came with external controllers that are on the plug.

I think I paid about $60 for the 300 and $70 for the 500? Like I said its been awhile so I couldn't be wrong. Since he only deals in salt water I rarely go by. Either way they've worked great for me and my old CA/SA cichlids couldn't smash them.

chen88

Super Moderator
I need some too. :)

Tim, care to set up a group buy? :D

lol.....ok, I'll take 2 1000W! LOL.

Was going to call a place in the us today....jemco? they carry some of these heaters that I read from MFK....it'll be around 15-200 for a 1000w delivered to canada (I think).

rudy

lol.....ok, I'll take 2 1000W! LOL.

Was going to call a place in the us today....jemco? they carry some of these heaters that I read from MFK....it'll be around 15-200 for a 1000w delivered to canada (I think).

I want 2 as well.

chen88

Super Moderator
I've asked for a quote for 1 1000w titanium heater with the controller...they do ship to Canada so as soon as i get the price back i'll post them...

chen88

Super Moderator
10??? LOL...shit..I only need 1 or 2 at most...fyi...the controllers can only handle up to 1000W each so it will be 1 1000w per controller...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Thinking if you want two, rudy two, me two, a few others perhaps...? Maybe it is too much work, but I bet you could get a 20% discount on an order for 10...?

chen88

Super Moderator
I'll see if they can give a discount...the only problem as like the tank order is the delivery to various cities throughout the country....

homebrewed

Super Moderator
I need some too. :)

Tim, care to set up a group buy? :D

Sorry missed this post

I'll see what this guy can do for 10 1000watt and post here tomorrow. Since its local shipping shouldn't be a factor in the price and if I send them out it should only be a pocket full of change since they are unbreakable :)

chen88

Super Moderator
Sorry guys I just placed an order with two locations in the US since I wanted to get the Ranco controller (was available through Jehmo.com) with 2 receptacles US$94 plus shipping and also I purchased 1 1000W and 1 500W Titanium Blueline Biotherm heaters from aquadirect.com (US$110) includes shipping. The controller can handle up to 1800watt...I've researched into the what heaters/controllers and the blueline heaters with the Ranco controllers were the best so I wanted to pick those two up....

www.aquadirect.com
www.jehmco.com

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
See what your fellow in Winnipeg can do Tim. Otherwise, I think Chen has done some good research here for all serious aro/ray keepers.

I will sticky this post. :)

homebrewed

Super Moderator
The owner of the store is in Bali until the end of the month so I won't be able to get any pricing until then.

chen88

Super Moderator
I've gone through quite a few heaters in my time...and finally gave in to the Titanium revolution! lol....it's a big investment as far as heaters go, but long term I'm hoping the investment is a wise one. Once I get everything I'll post...

Who else here has the Titaniums? Just Tim?