feeder Frogs for sale

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
These frogs were well received last year by many aros in BC and elsewhere. The medium frogs are a couple inches long. Suitable for aros 14 inches and up. NOT for smaller aros! Last year someone went against that suggestion and lost a nice promising 7 inch SR (we assumed that the frog messed up its stomach, probably with its small claws, as the fish died within a few hours of eating the frog). If it sounds like I am warning you, I am. This is a food aimed at advanced hobbyists wanting to feed their larger aros a seldom-seen, yet natural food. In Indonesia aquatic frogs are a pretty much staple diet for aros, used by many of the larger aro farms and by hobbyists. I promised last year to try and bring in at least one shipment a year, so this could be it for 2010. I have at least one person wanting 100-200, and so I am opening up the offer to anyone out there wanting some.

Price: 50 cents each plus whatever the shipping is.

Please PM Lo sai to make a deposit if you want any frogs. The frogs should arrive (subject to demand) in another few weeks.

I think forum member Trip took a video last year of these frogs being fed to his aros? Also, a couple photos of the frogs from last year:

Sept08%20652.jpg

Sept08%20655.jpg

bcarlos

Dai Dee, I wouldn't feed more than 3 or 4 a week. They're high fat.

They do, however, do wonders for your aro's colour and girth.

Theo, what species of frog are these?

DaiDee

good to know...icebeast's aros are fat as it is lol

btw, how would you even go about keeping 100's of frogs? What are the tank/food requirements? Species would help dig up some info as well.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
They are sold as a "dwarf" aquatic frog (Phyronoglossus laevis)

However, courtesy of forum member King_EL, I was told:

They aer Occidozyga lima.

They are actually not a fully aquatic frogs like the african dwarf frog and they need something to rest on. I actually place a styro foam on the surface and they all chill on the the top. Anyone that try to venture out of the water are being chase by the aros. Good way to save some tank space as well and your aro will just eat anytime it wants, if it able to catch 1.

In conclusion, I agree with King_EL. Last year I had a number of these frogs climb out of my tank and hop around our living room. Thus, they are definitely not 100% aquatic, but rather semi-aquatic.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
A cool video from forum member Trip of what you can expect:

As you can see, aros really like to eat these...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Here is what I suggest: a group of you guys in GTA get a whole box of these frogs, or else BCarlos gets some shipped along with some aros, or some other fish perhaps?

Same for those of you in the maritimes - buy a box. I will ask Maju for extra oxygen, maybe decreased shipping density. That way a box could be trans-shipped right away on arrival to you guys. With spring coming, this could work well I think.

If you were to go for a box, the cost should be be significantly less than 50 cents each I think, even including shipping.

-DC-

I'd be willing, I'll post on the local site... any other fish/feeders comming in that could split on the same box (incase someone local has interest ?)

bcarlos

Cape, if you want some, I've got a couple people out here interested. I could bring them into TO if there's enough interest.

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Four bags of 250 frogs each per box. Thus, 1000 medium size frogs total in a box (frogs are aprox.2-2.5 inch each).

I will check on Westjet shipping cost of one box to GTA and Halifax, calculate the final cost.