premium xbacks

m_class2g

Sponsor
i know theres a lot on the market right now. also a lot that has faded after WTT. im basically wanting to purchase a high quality xback that i will be keeping so if you guys have any inputs, that would be great.

thanks in advance!

Boydo

This piece is from our November order it was from WTT and once landed it has been in a blue tank. When selecting a arowana that came from WTT you must understand the difference between the shine level and the lightening of the base color. The shine will stay, however the base color will darken making the shine level easier to distinguish. Hope this helps you.

This is a picture of when we selected ( 7-8 inches) him from WTT - November 2009.

PangLong_AG003.jpg

These pictures were taken in the first week of April 2010 ( 11 inches).

P4175231.jpg

P4175222.jpg

P4175221.jpg

m_class2g

Sponsor
ahhh i see. yea i didnt really understand the effects of wtt and how it affects the shine/base colour. by showing this example, it really helps me to understand the effects. cant wait to see pics your new stock!!

how are larger sized absolute golds? do they eventually fully cross on the 6th level?

Boydo

how are larger sized absolute golds? do they eventually fully cross on the 6th level?

Absolutely, they will cross. The Absolute Series is selected from the best blood lines and proven gene pools. Pang Long has been working very hard to perfect their stocks much like Munjul has perfected Ultra Reds.

hondas3000

Absolutely, they will cross. The Absolute Series is selected from the best blood lines and proven gene pools. Pang Long has been working very hard to perfect their stocks much like Munjul has perfected Ultra Reds.

can you pm me the price for this absolute gold and total cost to ship it to BC. Thanks

m_class2g

Sponsor
do you have pics of this guys top view when first picked at 7-8 inches compared to colouring on the top now?

James Sananikone

starting to like this piece lol. getting impatient haha

Hey Mike, You are doing a lot of home work these days.

IMO, Patient is still the Best Option. For the high end... It's always better to see the fish in person before making final decision. At least some clips video ...
I saw many Red are redder in picture than inside the tank.

By the way nice XB.

Red Samurai

This piece is from our November order it was from WTT and once landed it has been in a blue tank. When selecting a arowana that came from WTT you must understand the difference between the shine level and the lightening of the base color. The shine will stay, however the base color will darken making the shine level easier to distinguish. Hope this helps you.

This is a picture of when we selected ( 7-8 inches) him from WTT - November 2009.

PangLong_AG003.jpg

These pictures were taken in the first week of April 2010 ( 11 inches).

P4175231.jpg

P4175222.jpg

P4175221.jpg

This is the best looking xback I've ever seen! Can you pm the price I'm just curious how much something this beautiful is worth! Thanks in advance!

m_class2g

Sponsor
its good to know not much changed in 4 months of having this fish in terms of gold lines on his head. even after keeping him in a darker background. just 6th level darkened a bit but shine on the rims are still prevelent. crossing potential looks good for a 11 inch fish.

my fear is trusting a farm after they WTT xbacks. ive seen some threads on arofanatics. client buys an xback from X farm. take it home, looks awesome. after a few mnoths, looks like a high back rtg. after seeing this example of pang longs fsih, makes me feel a lot better. good to have a little proof before i spend a lot of money on a fish lol.

when are we expecting pics of the new shipment?

Last edited:

Boydo

its good to know not much changed in 4 months of having this fish in terms of gold lines on his head. even after keeping him in a darker background. just 6th level darkened a bit but shine on the rims are still prevelent. crossing potential looks good for a 11 inch fish.

my fear is trusting a farm after they WTT xbacks. ive seen some threads on arofanatics. client buys an xback from X farm. take it home, looks awesome. after a few mnoths, looks like a high back rtg. after seeing this example of pang longs fsih, makes me feel a lot better. good to have a little proof before i spend a lot of money on a fish lol.

when are we expecting pics of the new shipment?

I understand your concern and I happy you’re gaining confidence in our stock. In the top shot of this piece some people would misunderstand what they are seeing and think it is fully crossed already - this is not the case. This the just lightening of the base(skin) skin color from WTT, if you look to the fifth row you can see the shine level. When a fish like this is moved into a dark tank the shine will not drop, however the base (skin) color will darken. This particular piece imo has shown improvement of 6 row shine and gold patches on its head......in fact some would call this golden head.

I will share pictures as soon as we are finished selecting for the next shipment.:D

m_class2g

Sponsor
yea that aro sure does look promissing to fully cross over. with absolute gold aros. how does the head pattern develop when older? for example. on this guys photo, theres a small gold patch in the centre of his head. will it expand? i know it wont be golden head standards but if the quality is high, theres always a possibility.

if pang long can provide pics of their absolute gold brooders, would be interesting to see the potential of the head region of such fish.

m_class2g

Sponsor
how do absolute golden heads differ from just the regular absolute golds in terms of development for a 8-10 inch fish?

seems like the same size absolute golds are not fully crossed and has gold streaks on their head region

are the golden heads fully crossed already? and of course with more gold on their head region?

bret, do you have a top view pic of a golden head stock that you have in a dark background? would be interesting to compare the 2.

Boydo

The more I look at the fish, the more I like it :). How about some top view picture of gold head in blue tank?

I understand, I get a little sad everytime I ship one of these beauties to a new home - they are stunning to see in person.

how do absolute golden heads differ from just the regular absolute golds in terms of development for a 8-10 inch fish?

seems like the same size absolute golds are not fully crossed and has gold streaks on their head region

are the golden heads fully crossed already? and of course with more gold on their head region?

bret, do you have a top view pic of a golden head stock that you have in a dark background? would be interesting to compare the 2.

I currently only have one Absolute Golden Head left in stock and it's in a white back ground tank. Golden Heads are best kept in a white tank until 14 inch to get maximum coverage on the head, at which point they can be moved to a dark tank. The biggest difference is the gold on the head, a true golden head should have some gold over its eyes and a patch on the forehead. From there it’s all by % coverage of the head, with more % comes higher price tag for the rare. The Absolute Golden Heads are much like the Absolute Golds some of them are fully crossed and other just in the process of crossing. Quality crossbacks are like reds in the fact they can take some time for them to fully cross much like a red needs time to color up.

Here are a couple pictures of another Absolute Gold in a blue tank.

P5065870.jpg

P4215776.jpg

This Absolute Golden Head was in a blue tank after arriving.

AGHMR.jpg

AGHMR4.jpg

AGHMR5.jpg

This is the Absolute Golden Head in stock currently.

AGHTR3.jpg

AGHTR4.jpg

Here are a few pics of Absolute Golden Heads when they were selected.

AGH_001.jpg

AGH_002.jpg