SR AND XB

RDFISHGUY

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9308.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg

RDFISHGUY

Love the green-based SR, very impressive fish

He is one of my favorite fish. His only fault is his tail is not, fully, red. He jumped out of the tank when he was 14" and spent 5 min flopping on the floor until my wife decided to investigate the noise and put him back. Its a constant reminder to close the lid. I could knock him out and cut it back, in hopes that it would grow back red, but its kind of part of his character now.

tomuhs

Solid fish! Can't decide which one I like better...solid XB tho!

They aren't comm-ed are they?

RDFISHGUY

They are in seperate tanks. No other arowanas but they are community tanks. They rule their tanks though. I think I found a female for my xb so I'm gonna see if she'll pair with him. I'm sick of watching him try to mate with the giant gourami.

chen88

Super Moderator
how did you find a female? thought it was almost next to impossible to sex them unless they have held and paired before?

RDFISHGUY

Exactly Chen. Found one already paired. I understand that there is a great risk since both aros already have partners, but its worth a shot.

RDFISHGUY

I removed the giant gourami from the xb tank and put it with the SR. Epic fail! Had to make an emergency run to Petland and drop off the gourami while he still had fins left.

I added the female XB with the male and that too ,was an epic fail. I think she is too small right now and the male is still missing the giant gourami.

The previous pair never had success, as the female is quite small still. I was surprised they would pair off at such a small size. Female is only 16-18''. She was paired with a 24" male.

I will grow her out, and let her heal, as every fin on her body is shredded. Try it again in 6 months or so.

glamit

good luck with that!! would be crazy to achieve something i thought would be impossible! you and chen can be off to the races