WTT

glamit

question for those who has done or know about wtt. is it something you do at the beginning stage and take out down the road or can you leave the whole tank white forever? also if you change the background back do they lose there intensity? and is it ever too late to use wtt on an aro that is about 18"

chen88

Super Moderator
From my visit to Singapore last September it was explained to me that WTT should be done at the beginning and if the aro is kept up to a size of 15-16" in WTT, it has a better chance in keeping most of it's intensity if you decide to go back to a black background. No guarantees though.

tomuhs

Dude i think you should experiment and let us all know what happens...haha

I know usually people put aros in WTT at a young age to promote crossing and GH. Also it has shown to improve shine, but it is debatable whether this aspect stays when transferring back to a black tank.

Here's a thread showing some improvement to GH and crossing but these guys are a bit smaller.
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497402&highlight=wtt

glamit

From my visit to Singapore last September it was explained to me that WTT should be done at the beginning and if the aro is kept up to a size of 15-16" in WTT, it has a better chance in keeping most of it's intensity if you decide to go back to a black background. No guarantees though.

im gonna give it a shot the aro is about 16" inch already but the guy i bought it from just recently took it out of the WTT so im just going to try keeping the aro longterm in the WTT

glamit

Dude i think you should experiment and let us all know what happens...haha

I know usually people put aros in WTT at a young age to promote crossing and GH. Also it has shown to improve shine, but it is debatable whether this aspect stays when transferring back to a black tank.

Here's a thread showing some improvement to GH and crossing but these guys are a bit smaller.
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497402&highlight=wtt

Buddy every time i talk to you i tell you im done with fish!! i dunno what just happen but i am in the works of something amazing!! lol i will show you guys once everything is done

RDFISHGUY

In wtt the gold shine will be higher and more silvery colored. In black background the gold will be more intense and yellow, gold in color but a lot of the shine will be lost. The extent to which way the color goes depends on lighting. For xb, cool white shop lights will do. You don't want lights that are too intense if you are using wtt.
Mine are in black tank since I prefer a more yellow gold tone and don't care about how high the shine goes. My lighting is also more intense with 10000k lights coming on for 5 hrs / day. I am more interested in the overall look of the tank than 1 or 2 fish.
When I bought my first XB I was told if I wanted the shine to be higher that I should leave the XB in wtt until 14". I was also told that if you are willing to wait a few years the crossing will come naturally as long as the lighting isn't too intense. I hate the sterile look of WTT. I have seen fish that go from WTT to black tank that were gold head XB's, at over 14", that lost a lot of their gold shine and barely have any gold left in their head but the intensity of the gold color is amazing. It really is a matter of preference.

glamit

In wtt the gold shine will be higher and more silvery colored. In black background the gold will be more intense and yellow, gold in color but a lot of the shine will be lost. The extent to which way the color goes depends on lighting. For xb, cool white shop lights will do. You don't want lights that are too intense if you are using wtt.
Mine are in black tank since I prefer a more yellow gold tone and don't care about how high the shine goes. My lighting is also more intense with 10000k lights coming on for 5 hrs / day. I am more interested in the overall look of the tank than 1 or 2 fish.
When I bought my first XB I was told if I wanted the shine to be higher that I should leave the XB in wtt until 14". I was also told that if you are willing to wait a few years the crossing will come naturally as long as the lighting isn't too intense. I hate the sterile look of WTT. I have seen fish that go from WTT to black tank that were gold head XB's, at over 14", that lost a lot of their gold shine and barely have any gold left in their head but the intensity of the gold color is amazing. It really is a matter of preference.

perfect thanks for advice i just got the background and will give it a shot will post some pictures when i do

Boydo

WTT is best performed from when young to 14-16 inches. However it is never to late to put an aro back into WTT. For best results are in fiber glass tanks that are 3-4' deep and pure white with T-8 or T-12 white lights placed just inside the tank with a water level of about 12-18 inches. If you dont have a FGT you should use white oyama paper on all side and bottom or tiles on bottom. Solid white paper or the liner if oyama cant be sourced needs to be stuck to the glass for the right effect. Lighting is normally on for 24 hrs/d if the aro will accept. If you dont like the white tank look which I really don't myself, if you can even get the bottom pure white it will greatly help the development. Expect at least 4-6 weeks for changes to start to take place.

glamit

WTT is best performed from when young to 14-16 inches. However it is never to late to put an aro back into WTT. For best results are in fiber glass tanks that are 3-4' deep and pure white with T-8 or T-12 white lights placed just inside the tank with a water level of about 12-18 inches. If you dont have a FGT you should use white oyama paper on all side and bottom or tiles on bottom. Solid white paper or the liner if oyama cant be sourced needs to be stuck to the glass for the right effect. Lighting is normally on for 24 hrs/d if the aro will accept. If you dont like the white tank look which I really don't myself, if you can even get the bottom pure white it will greatly help the development. Expect at least 4-6 weeks for changes to start to take place.

i used that acrylic adhesive stuff just trying for fun, whether it intensifies or not i think this aro will look a heck of a lot better then in my tank wrapped in black. i have 6 pure white t8s already so ill try that. is 24hr/day a must? From what im told this aro was only taken out of WTT for a few months. He is in a normal tank now but color is very shiny and light