Anyone have big distichodus sexfactiatus?

Kenta

Administrator
Passed up a chance to buy a big one a couple years back, now i want one!
Anyone have any pics?

MananaP

Passed up a chance to buy a big one a couple years back, now i want one!
Anyone have any pics?

I don't know if it is sexa,but it looks like it has turttle head and a tiger bard body?I think it is about 12"+ oh and it is being sold as tiger bard for 250 i guess LOL,i want one also bad kenta but in smaller scale.Been looking for one for a whilte now and i don't think they have any.

m_class2g

Sponsor
big als in richmond has them. around the 2 inch mark. i can get 5 inchers. i had them before, they are a hit and miss. majestic shelters can get quite aggressive as well. they also nip fins.

Kenta

Administrator
Definitely would want one that is less aggressive, i hear some are eyebiters too, i know there are or were some bigger ones floating around the lower mainland

MananaP

Definitely would want one that is less aggressive, i hear some are eyebiters too, i know there are or were some bigger ones floating around the lower mainland

Let me know if you want one i think it's over a foot long,It is with an SR right now so he is used with arowanas and had no problems with them.

@Mike

how much and where can i get them Mike?5" right?The one i found was a little too big for my taste so i would love to settle with a smaller one like the one you said.thanks!

Yuppa

Super Moderator
I love disto's but have had nothing but fail with them over the years..

I started with small ones.. managed to get a 3" to 12" then it died.
lost a couple small ones after that for various reasons..

got a 20" one a number of years back but it died during a heatstroke and apartment temp was 50c +

I got a 14" one most recently about 2 years ago, it was very aggressive to my phoenix and nearly killed it so it went into quarentine untill I found a new home for it.. unfortunately I heard it died in its new home pretty quick..

I swore never to get disto again after that.. as beautifull as they are, and "majestic shelter" in feng shui, I just can't make it work..

EEYY

I love disto's but have had nothing but fail with them over the years..

I started with small ones.. managed to get a 3" to 12" then it died.
lost a couple small ones after that for various reasons..

got a 20" one a number of years back but it died during a heatstroke and apartment temp was 50c +

I got a 14" one most recently about 2 years ago, it was very aggressive to my phoenix and nearly killed it so it went into quarentine untill I found a new home for it.. unfortunately I heard it died in its new home pretty quick..

I swore never to get disto again after that.. as beautifull as they are, and "majestic shelter" in feng shui, I just can't make it work..

Totally agree. The aggressiveness is pretty unpredictable as well.