Another Monster Journey : Setting Up Monster 600 Gallon

neoprodigy

how big do they get?

imagine this

attachment.php

into this

attachment.php

neoprodigy

150 gallon Rubbermaid Stock Tank (58" L x 39" W x 25" H).. will be using it as sump... i think i will trim off few inches from the top...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

also pick up these bio balls from my buddies...

attachment.php

attachment.php

carcrazy

Nice sump and super tank! Are you sure 4" is enough to get into your sump for maintanance? My 60g sump has about the same clearance and it's a pain (literally) to get into the sump when it is under the stand.

neoprodigy

Nice sump and super tank! Are you sure 4" is enough to get into your sump for maintanance? My 60g sump has about the same clearance and it's a pain (literally) to get into the sump when it is under the stand.

i think i will cut a section that is 4" down... basically i will use that opening to take the prefilter pad out... rest going to "flushed" when needed...

Cirrus

Arowana blogger
Wow, well done Neo! I have the same Tenecor tank as you but am still about 6 months from setting it up. I think I will be asking you more than a couple questions soon.

:)

Marius

Li, you showoff, I am catching up :D ...got accepted into University, now the sky's the limit :D.

By the way, will there be anything else excepting the Baras?!?

neoprodigy

Wow, well done Neo! I have the same Tenecor tank as you but am still about 6 months from setting it up. I think I will be asking you more than a couple questions soon.

:)

cool... let me know if you need anything... :) post a pix of your empty tank :)

neoprodigy

Li, you showoff, I am catching up :D ...got accepted into University, now the sky's the limit :D.

By the way, will there be anything else excepting the Baras?!?

awesome! congrats.... just the barras.... i think they are enough.... i dont want any fish spook them...

Marius

I was thinking of some rays, to go with the colour scheme :). Schroederi, Henlei, Castexi ..or Menchacai?!? I love tiger rays and that whole space would make a wicked home for some ;)

neoprodigy

I was thinking of some rays, to go with the colour scheme :). Schroederi, Henlei, Castexi ..or Menchacai?!? I love tiger rays and that whole space would make a wicked home for some ;)

yeah... rays are cool... but too much work... i have kept.. motoro to leo to pearl... just too much work (feeding)...

neoprodigy

well... so far i have change my mind on the filtration twice already!!!

-> wet/dry = down the drain
-> Ultima 4000 x 2 = ordered and cancel

current plan is going with 2 setup

setup 1 : ultima 6000 + inline micron filter (primary)
setup 2 : eheim 2262 + 57w UV (2ndary)

neoprodigy

Ultima 6000 is here...

attachment.php

attachment.php

the media finally came... UPS cant find it in the morning... about 36lb worth of media.. with 9.5" of space left

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php